Learn and Serve
On behalf of United Methodist local churches and conferences, Global Ministries and the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) engage in a variety of mission ministries that share the love of God with others around the world. Interested in any of the following topics? Learn about them here:
- Missionaries – including Global Missionaries, U.S. missionaries, Global Mission Fellows, Mission Volunteers and United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM)
- Evangelism and Church Revitalization – mission initiatives planting new congregations, multiethnic ministries connecting churches and communities in the U.S., increasing global partnerships and developing leaders through educational opportunities
- Global Health – Health System Strengthening – building facilities and training health professionals; Imagine No Malaria; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Humanitarian Relief – International and U.S. Disaster Response and Recovery, relief supplies, Global Migration, Yambasu Agriculture Initiative and Environmental Sustainability
Serve with us
Explore avenues to partner with Global Ministries and UMCOR in the work of God’s mission. Here’s how:
- Apply to become a missionary
- Join the young adult missionary community, Global Mission Fellows
- Consider mission volunteer opportunities, including medical mission volunteers, teachers, or jurisdictional UMVIM information and opportunities
- Partnering with mission churches
- Resources for racial/ethnic and multicultural congregations
- What is a leadership development scholarship?
- Supporting the four priorities of Abundant Health
- What is UMCOR doing right now?