“Global Ministries,” “our,” and “us” means both the General Board of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church and the United Methodist Committee on Relief of Global Ministries.
“Personal Data” means any information about a living identified or identifiable person, which permits a person to be identified.
“Data Processing,” “Processing,” and “Process” means all activities related to the use of Personal Data by Global Ministries, from the beginning when it collects Personal Data, to the end when it stores and disposes of that data, and everything that it does with the data in between.
C. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT GLOBAL MINISTRIES COLLECTS AND PROCESSES
Depending on the particular circumstance or transaction you have with us, Global Ministries may collect and process Personal Data such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, organization name, the name of your church and its location and banking information. We also gather data to determine whether someone is a member of/or affiliated with The United Methodist Church.
The information we collect enables us to conduct our work in ways that include processing your donations, communicating with you about our programs and stories of impact, and responding to inquiries or providing support. In addition, by providing your email and physical addresses when making a donation, you consent to receive communications from Global Ministries, including requests for additional donations.
Global Ministries does not process Special Categories of Data.
D. GLOBAL MINISTRIES MAY USE AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Global Ministries may process and use Personal Data for the following purposes:
· to verify your identity (for example, when you return to Global Ministries’ website and have already logged in);
· to determine the frequency of your visits to the website, the length of time you spend on it, and the pages you visit;
· to personalize segments and improve the performance, design and style of the Global Ministries’ website;
· to respond to your inquiries or feedback, or to send service messages to you about your subscription or account registration, such as a password reset link;
· to administer your registration or participation in any of our services, activities, programs or website;
· to provide you with updates, resource materials and other information, including promotional materials, mission opportunities or other information about programs;
· to maintain archival records of your participation for historical and research purposes;
· to maintain an online e-store;
· to process credit card donations and donations by telephone;
· to administer programs, such as our mission services and volunteer programs, including post-mission service contact information; and
· to administer our Domestic Relief Supplies program.
E. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Global Ministries collects personal data using several methods. When donating online, you will be asked to provide personal information. We also collect your personal data through our websites, application sites, mobile app, e-mail
application, direct mail and/or telephone communications.
F. GLOBAL MINISTRIES’ RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
G. GLOBAL MINISTRIES MAY SHARE PERSONAL DATA
Global Ministries does not rent or sell donor information to anyone. Global Ministries may share your Personal Data with its affiliates, subsidiaries or divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys and agents, and its missionaries and mission partners. We occasionally share Personal Data with other reputable organizations and partners to accomplish the work of Global Ministries, which include entities assisting with the processing of payments, email management and distribution, direct mail services and fundraising and planned giving services.
We may, if required by law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, share Personal Data collected, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
H. Children Under 13
Global Ministries’ sites and Creation Care mobile app are not designed for or to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person who we know is a child under the age of 13.
I. California Residents
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed Personal Data about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information by using any of the contact information found below in modifying your information or opting out.
J. MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION OR OPTING OUT
Global Ministries provides users options for changing or modifying information previously provided or to remove information from our database so as not to receive future communications. If you have any concerns about the way we handle your information or to be added to our do-not-share list, you may contact us by email, postal mail or telephone.
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
2. Send a request via U.S. mail to the following address: Attention IT Department, Global Ministries, 458 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE. Atlanta, GA 30308.
3. Call 800-862-4246.
Please provide your exact name and address when contacting us to change your status. Include any other information that will help us identify you, such as your email address, online account number (if applicable) and the Global Ministries’ website or application you used.
Please note that Global Ministries may keep a record of your communications to help it resolve any issues which you might raise.
· To enable our Service to function by informing the website/mobile application of your browser type so it may deliver appropriately configured content to your device.
· To measure and analyze activity on our Service and third-party services so that we may manage and improve our Service.
When you donate online to Global Ministries or UMCOR, your credit card information is secured by an independent security company, which encrypts all sensitive, personal and financial information.
For other personal data, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to your data. No website or electronic data can ever be 100% secure but we take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your data.