- UMCOR response to earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
UMCOR provides an initial grant for emergency relief in Turkey and Syria after devastating earthquake.
- UMCOR supports three annual conferences with early relief grants
“We pray for generosity and provision,” said North Georgia Bishop Robin Dease, “asking individuals, churches and organizations to contribute to UMCOR.”
- UMCOR’s partnership with IOCC provides Ukrainians more access to shelters, psychosocial programing and human trafficking prevention
Multimillion-dollar funding will benefit displaced persons and refugees in Poland, Romania and Ukraine.
- UMCOR statement regarding Administration’s recent Title 42 policy change
Global Ministries/UMCOR wholeheartedly endorses the Immigration Law & Justice (ILJ) Network’s statement expressing serious concerns about the recent expansion of the Title 42 public health order regarding immigration.
- UMCOR assists displaced families in East Congo
Five hundred of the most vulnerable displaced households in northeastern Congo have received food and other assistance from UMCOR to help purchase 38 tons of food for families who have fled insecurity in the region.
- World AIDS Day: Equalizing access to HIV resources
Together, Global Ministries’ Global Health program and UMC health boards support about 75,000 pregnant women, new mothers and children in Africa with HIV and AIDS resources, drastically reducing mother to baby HIV transmission.
- Board of directors approve strategic plan to guide Global Ministries through 2024
Read the full strategic plan.
- Report of the general secretary to the board of directors
God’s sure mission in uncertain times.
- United Methodists bring light and hope to Florida with solar energy
Conference Disaster Response teams from the Florida and North Carolina annual conferences explore the benefits of mobile solar-powered generators while responding in real time to power needs in Florida after Hurricane Ian.