UMCOR School Kit
In some areas, children lack access to books and essential school supplies. Classes are held in inadequate buildings. School kits may be some children’s only educational resource.
Kit Value: $11 per kit
UMCOR School Kit Assembly & Shipping Instructions ($11 per kit)
- One pair blunt scissors
- Round tip only
- No plastic scissors
- One box of 24 crayons
- Only 24-count boxes are accepted
- Three one-subject notebooks
- No marble composition books
- No 3 or 5-subject notebooks
- One pack of loose-leaf paper
- 100-200 page packets are acceptable
- Wide or college rule accepted
- One hand-held pencil sharpener
- 1-inch or longer
- Remove from packaging
- One ruler
- 12 inches or 30 centimeters long
- Sturdy or flexible material accepted
- Six unsharpened pencils
- One eraser
- Two inches or larger
- One two-gallon re-sealable plastic bag
- Stack all paper items on top of each other.
- Place all loose items on top of paper.
- Place kit inside of re-sealable bag and seal.
- Homemade or purchased cloth tote bags are no longer being accepted.
- All items must be new.
- Please do not include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits.
- Contents of kits or the containers of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols.
- Packed box should not exceed 70 pounds.
- School kit item can be packaged inside of the large plastic re-sealable bag.
- Complete two packing lists, one for the box and one for your records.
- Attach the shipping label/packing list on the outside of each box.
- Please send a check for the total number of school kits times $1 per kit for the cost of shipping to Sager Brown. One check may be written for the entire donation.